No water, no mankind (English Translation)
What are the goals of the project?
- Build 100 water wells to meet the acute water needs among Benin’s population.
- Set up a sustainable process for ongoing maintenance and operation of each well.
- Provide hygiene and sanitation in the areas where wells are constructed.
Why building 100 Wells?
a quarter of Beninese have no access to clean water (UNDP)
It supports the activities of the association and contributes to its influence.
Fondation Cœur à Cœur
A non-profit, nonpolitical organization based in Benin. It is responsible for the project implementation
Role in this project relates to educating the population on “water-related hygiene and sanitation education as well as climate change.”
- A non-profit, apolitical organization with no religious affiliation
- We work closely with local institutions in Benin to implement and oversee projects aimed at facilitating access to safe drinking water in various parts of the country. Provide water-related hygiene and sanitation education
Dispaches from Fofo Bernard
The Sacred Pond of Gobada (Savalou)
The Sacred Catfish Pond of Dékammè in the village of Gobada (Savalou District) is a true local institution. It will never dry up as long as locals adhere to its strict rules such as the prohibition to catch any catfish. She is the Village Matriarch because she predates everyone and was used to wash every newborn. She had been there well before any of the village residents was born. Gobada’s soil is made of granite as well as white granular sand that are used in building and road construction.